Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Fishy cheese/cheesy fish a.k.a. Cheesy Baked Fish – the recipe

Serves 4

Ingredients:
4 x 100gr/4oz. white fish fillets, such as cod, haddock, or hoki skinned
4 tomatoes, sliced
225 gr/8oz fromage fresh
1 bunch of spring onions, chopped
100 gr/4oz Double Glouchester (or another cheese), grated
Seasoning

Method
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
Arrange the fish in a single layer in a greased ovenproof dish, then place the tomato slices on top of the filets and season to taste.
Mix together the fromage fresh, spring onions and 75gr/3oz cheese in a bowl and season
Spoon the fromage fresh mixture evenly over the tomatoes and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Phil said...

It looks delicious. I'm not a big fish eater. I don't know why really. I like things like swordfish and salmon but usually if it's smothered with seasoning

b o o said...

sounds delish :) i'm trying to open up to food choices other than vegetarian, thanks Dakota.

Dakota said...

I was going to say that I don’t like fish that much either Phil, but while I was typing this I suddenly realised that I prefer fish to meat.

Oh, that is a change, isn’t it Boo? Interesting!