Friday, April 07, 2006

Co-habiting 'makes women fatter

One of my friends has this conviction: “Women get fatter when they are co-habiting or in a steady relationship. You can tell when things are going all wrong and the relationship is coming to an end. Why? Strangely enough, the women will lose all the gained weight again!”

I never believed him, until yesterday that is. Yesterday the BBC published this British study.

I hate to admit it, but I’m starting to believe my friend is right. Ehmm… at least for the weight gaining part, that is :)

7 comments:

kat said...

I spotted that report yesterday and I think it is true. Men make us fat. :-)

I want one of those knife and fork sets!

Kayla said...

Hi Dakota,
I saw you on our friend Phil's blog and thought I'd stop in.
Like your previous post as well..now to have the patience to actually do it :)
I agree with the article..Years ago when I was married, I gained 20 pounds straight off..It was awful! I had always eaten healthy, and he kept trying to feed me steaks, roasts, all kinds of fattening red meats..and pasta galore. In itself is fine, but not with all the rich cream and cheese sauces.
Finally had to put my (fat) foot down and say NO...lost the weight.

Dakota said...

Who needs men anyway ;)

You can get the cutlery sets at Trembimbi Kat

Dakota said...

Hi Kayla, welcome to my blog.
It is so nice of you to drop by :)

20 pounds is a lot!! Been there, done that, didn’t like it. It feels awful.
Great that you lost all the weight again, you must have felt liberated :)

zoom said...

I gained weight when I got married too, and lost it when I left him. I think it's because when you're living alone, you eat when you're hungry or feel like eating. When you're living with someone else, you eat when you're hungry or feel like eating AND when they're hungry or feel like eating.

Dakota said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dakota said...

You’ve got a good point there Zoom!. Maybe it’s a bit like when somebody else yawns, you (almost) automatically yawn too.