Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Random Acts of Kindness.


While randomly surfing the internet I came across a great site totally devoted to Random Acts of Kindness. You can find inspiration here, but also all sorts of ideas and stories from people doing this.

I found some new things I could do myself, and here they are:
  • Help a neighbor to weed or plant a garden.
  • Select some people in your life who you feel need a special lift and send them a gift: flowers, tickets to a special event, or a gift certificate.
  • Stop for a person waiting to cross the street
    Call or write someone you haven’t spoken to in a long time, just to say you are thinking about them.
  • Purchases a book about kindness, read it, put your initials, city and state on the inside and pass it on.
  • Call loved ones just to say “I Love You”
  • Compliment a stranger about something they are wearing
  • Pick up litter
  • Include a note or a joke in someone’s lunchbox.
  • After reading a book you’ve enjoyed, send a note of appreciation to the author.
  • When visiting a hospital, spend a few minutes with someone who has no visitors.
  • There is no timeframe here. I do these things whenever I can. I put them here so they might inspire someone else but most importantly, so that I won’t forget them myself.

    1 comment:

    Phil said...

    Great link, thanks.
    Oh, yesterday (28th) was my Birthday!