Friday, September 29, 2006

Friday video: Interesting and inspiring – Free hugs campaign!

I was going to blog about something really interesting today, but there are tree almost-ready-to-be-written-blogpost swimming around in my brain and none of them is reading to jump out yet so, it’s Friday video again. Maybe some of you have seen this video already, and maybe some of you haven’t. I came across this today and decided to pass this on to all my friends…. All I need to do now is find a stranger to hug and my mission will be completed! ;) We all need a hug (sometimes)!

The story behind the video:
Sometimes, a hug is all what we need. “Free hugs” is a real life controversial story of Juan Mann, A man whose sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger to brighten up their lives.

In this age of social disconnectivity and lack of human contact, the effects of the Free Hugs campaign became phenomenal.

As this symbol of human hope spread across the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs campaign BANNED. What we then witness is the true spirit of humanity coming together in what can only be described as awe inspiring.

In the Spirit of the free hugs campaign, PASS THIS TO A FRIEND and HUG A STRANGER! After all, If you can reach just one person...

Music by Sick Puppies.



Here you can find an interview with the guy who started a world sensation with his free hug movement. Such a simple idea, that meant so much, to so many.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great description of the dead guy Dakota!

Dakota said...

Well, there actually is no other way to portray him, Zoom!

I love the video too, Lord Hutton and I am so glad to know that I am not the only softy around here. I had the whole tear (and smile) –thing going on too :)
Nobody called the cops. The city of Sidney wasn’t pleased with it. I always thought that it was a friendly city, but apparently it’s bitter and doesn’t like kindness.

Phil said...

Poor Dakota! Big hugs from Doggboy here.
Better luck next time eh...
Love the video, looks fun. I especailly like the skateboarding run up hug that one guy takes.

Dakota said...

Oh!! …. I am feeling all warm and fuzzy now, DoGGa. Thanks! :)

I like the skater boy too, but I also like the little old lady a lot….(the first hugging one when the video turns from b/w to colour)