Friday, March 30, 2007

Weekly finds – part 12




The other day I came across the "Now and Then" photo-pool on Flickr. What they do is this. They look for an old photo, try and find the place and recreate the shot so you end up with a “now & then” picture. Interesting to see how places (and people change) over the years.


More photos but these are a bit strange so let’s place these in the “Odd!” category ;) Shakeskin. How does it work? People place a camera in front of them, shake their face or Prrrr at it (they do what?), take the picture and send the result to the website. Some pictures are hilarious. Take a peek and don’t forget to check out the Prrrr section.

This weeks video:
Harry Potter – the lost tapes!
Nah, it’s Harry Potter and the mysterious ticking noise!






As a kid I liked to play with my Spirograph and now I found this little gadget, not as cool as the original but fun too!




And that’s all folks, the last “Weekly finds” edition (for now). Well, to be honest, this is going to be my last entry (for now). I am quitting (for now)! Man, there are a lot “for now’s” in that little piece of text, aren’t there? :) But I am not sure if I am really going to quit or if I am just going to have another one of my (regular) breaks. Right now, I am not in the mood to blog and I truly believe there isn’t that much to write about anyway….. so, why bother. Maybe it’s time to get a life, spend some time doing other things, be outdoors more or maybe, just maybe it’s time for a change. Like I said, I don’t know yet, but I will let you know sooner or later. I’ll probably be back in a week (or two) to let you all know what my plans are.

In the meantime take care, enjoy spring and life, be kind, don’t forget to smile and don’t do anything I wouldn’t do ;)
C U l@er!

xoxo
Dakota

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi! You keep in touch!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Noooooooooo....you are a rock to cling to in the maelstrom of the sea of the internet! You can't stop blogging now!!

We do all need a break from it sometimes but seriously Dakota, please do stay in touch.

kat said...

Take a break, enjoy the outdoors, and come back soon. We will miss you.

Anonymous said...

I hope it's just a break Dakota. But I hope you enjoy it, whichever it is.

KJ's muse said...

Aw, I'm going to miss you Dakota! I really enjoy your blog, and you made writing on my own more fun as well. Thank you for that. But yeah, I sure understand the need for a break, or even a complete change.

For selfish reasons I DO hope you'll be back soon, but even more so I hope you'll feel rejuvenated and replenished from whatever you end up doing. :)

hugs from KJ's muse

Dakota said...

I’ll, Lord Hutton :)

A rock? Me? Hmmz……No one has ever called me that before, Aoj :)

Aw, likewise Kat

Thank you, {{Zoom!}} and take care, I know you are going through a rough time right now.

Keep writing and I’ll keep reading, KJ’s Muse :)

Thank you all! All these lovely comments *blush*. You all gave me something to think about. Anyway, like I said before, I’ll let you know when I’ve made my mind up :) Hugs!! You all are wonderful people!

b o o said...

won't do anything u would'nt do, i'd do them all :) hope your weekend was nice HUGS

Phil said...

I love the now and then photos. Some of my local pubs have old pictures up of my home town and I love to look and them and go, "Ooh, look, that's now a shop" etc! :]

Spirograph - Yes, not as good as getting pen and paper out, but a blast from the past never the less. Spirographs are those things that everyone seemed to have in the 80s, except me :'[

Having a break sounds like a good idea Dakota. Give yourself time to reset and concentrate on something else... Hopefully we'll see your return soon with blogging material a plentiful :]
Take care and come back soon xxx

Dakota said...

Lol Boo you are a real daredevil ;) My weekend was surprising and lovely, hope you had a fun filled one too :)

Some time ago I visited the photo department of the municipal archives and it was really interesting to see what (for instance) Rotterdam looked like before WWII, DoGGa. Most of the city centre was bombed, so the things you see in the pictures are no longer there. Strange!

Oh my, you didn’t have a Spirograph? How on earth is that possible! I think mine is in a box at my Mum’s house :)

I am enjoying my break already, but I guess the weather is really helping right now :) And time will tell what’s going to happen next. I like this quote: "You have to trust your inner knowing. If you have a clear mind...you won't have to search for direction. Direction will come to you." -- Phil Jackson. So I am clearing my mind and will wait and see where it leads me :)

Keep smiling, stay on the sunny side and take care! xxx