Sunday, May 28, 2006

I had a dream.

I know there is nothing special about having a dream, I have them all the time, but there was a special aspect to this dream. I dreamed in words again (yeah, I’ve done it before). Odd, isn’t it? Well, I think it’s kind of odd when I don’t dream in pictures but in words. It’s like reading a couple of books in my sleep.

I don’t know why I dream in words now. When I did it before I could explain it (at least to myself), I was very involved, or practically addicted to all (of course not all…. but a lot of) the instant messaging and chat programs out there. It’s kind of sad, I admit it, but I think most people go through such a phase (and if not, please don’t tell me ;)). I was working with fonts, typefaces, text and styles most of the days and next to that I was an exorbitant bookworm. So my world practically consisted only of words and fonts all day every day. Keeping that in mind, it wasn’t so strange that my dreams changed into words too. But this time around I don’t understand it. I still read a lot, but that’s all. No more fooling around with instant messaging, there is no need to play with fonts all day and I don’t even spend that much time online these days. So I have actually no idea what is going on this time around. Maybe I am losing my marbles, maybe my brain is acting up, who knows……At least I am certain of one thing, it will all end again (one day) just as it did the last time :)

5 comments:

Phil said...

Prognosis: Stark raving looney! Book yourself in at the shrinks ASAP!

How odd! I've never experienced this or heard of this before!
I've had my fair share of strange dreams and activities, but not dreaming in words.

I wuld srt 2 wory wen thy apeer like this n end wiv Txt bck!

Dakota said...

I don’t want to wait until dreams appear like text messages, DoGGa. That would be really worrying ;) But who knows maybe I’ll take your advice and book myself in at a shrink, I definitely need a chill pill these days ;)

b o o said...

fonty dreams, thats really weird :)

Phil said...

That's really not surprising because working with fonts all day can do that to you. I'm sure when the dreams stop, it will say
"THE END"

Dakota said...

Boo, you should know by now that weird is my middle name ;)

Hahaha, Phil, very funny comment :) Just what I needed!! I wish my dreams would end like that. My dreams always end very abruptly. That’s probably why I remember most of them so vividly :)