Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Year in Review, 2006!


1) What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Entered a photo in a photo contest…….didn’t win a thing, but it was fun.

2) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for 2007?
I don’t believe in new years’ resolutions. IMO you can change your life any day of the week, or year!

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
No

4) Did anyone close to you die?
No one close enough for me to attend the funeral

5) What countries did you visit?
None!…..A fool wanders, a wise woman travels, and a female with no money stays home :)

6) What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A fun and interesting job (which will automatically result in more money).

7) What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Hmmzz…, very strange but 31 December comes to mind

8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Staying sane and on the sunny side of the street (it was kind of tough this year).

9) What was your biggest failure?
I was hoping to have a different life by now, but that still isn’t happening. So, I could say that that is my biggest failure.

10) Did you suffer illness or injury?
Oh, I did the whole falling down thing besides that, nothing major.

11) What was the best thing you bought?
Not a clue. I haven’t bought that much.

12) Whose behaviour merited celebration?
That is a tough one…..still thinking about it……...

13) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Too many people to list, none that I know personally tho – If I have to name one it would be George W. Bush. Oh, and I remember one “friend” now, who keeps telling me he is my friend but he actually isn’t (long story)

14) Where did most of your money go?
To stuff you need to survive on a daily basis and health insurance.

15) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Having one of my photos on the explore page of flickr. Not a big deal, but I liked it!

16) What song will always remind you of 2006?
Chelsea Dagger by The Fratellis.

17) Compared to this time 2006, are you:
- happier or sadder? Happier.
- thinner or fatter? The same.
- richer or poorer? Poorer.

18) What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd volunteered more.

19) What do you wish you'd done less of?
I wish I'd been thinking less.

20) What did you do on New Years’ eve?
I had planned to visit friends but stayed home in the end (after the fire).
Visited my neighbours round midnight.

21) Did you fall in love in 2006?
No

22) How many one-night stands?
0 – man, I am boring!

23) What was your favourite TV program?
Hmmz… Grey’s Anatomy I guess. I haven’t watched all that much TV last year

24) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No because I don’t like to hate and I don’t like the whole concept of hate.

25) What was the best book you read?
“The Brief History of the Dead: A novel” by Kevin Brockmeier.

26) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Amos Lee, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Ozark Henry.

27) What did you want and get?
Not much…… Oh hold on, I wanted to meet more people and I did…..so, I guess I got them.

28) What did you want and did not get?
I wanted to travel and I wanted my dream job handed to me on a silver platter ;)

29) What was your favourite film of this year?
Choices, choices……was it Inside man, The Devil wears Prada, The Lake House, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Happy Feet, Flushed away?….take your pick!

30) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Absolutely nothing, I wasn’t in the mood. Oh and I (not) celebrated my 39th for the third time :)

31) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My dream job handed to me on a silver platter ;)

32) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
As non-existent I guess ;)

33) What kept you sane?
Sounds pathetic…..but reading, blogging and flickr helped a lot.

34) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one comes to mind right now, I am not into the “fancy a celebrity” thing.

35) What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmmz…. Guess that is Rita Verdonk thing: She refused to grant a general pardon to around 26,000 asylum seekers who had their asylum application turned down but who have been living in the Netherlands for more than 5 years. You can read more about it here

36) Who did you miss?
My best friend

37) Who was the best new person you met?
I’ve met a lot of new people and I am not going to pick one because in my opinion they are all great!

38) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
You can want all you want, but that doesn’t mean you are going to get it!

39) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
Back when I had a little
I thought that I needed a lot
A little was overrated,
but a lot was a little too complicated
You see-Zero didn't satisfy me
A million didn't make me happy
That's when I learned a lesson
That it's all about your perception
Hey-are you a papa or a superstar
So you act, so you feel, so you are
It ain't about the size of your car
It's about the size of the faith in your heart

[Chorus:]
There's hope
It doesn't cost a thing to smile
You don't have to pay to laugh
You better thank God* for that
[repeat]

There’s hope by India.Arie

40. Your message for 2007?
Love life, be different and live your own life. Laugh often and smile a lot, dare to take risks, listen to your inner voice and courageously follow your heart.
Swim against the tide, pursue your own goals, and make time to dream, never stop to wonder, always remember and never forget to be!

(*or any god or person of your choice)

7 comments:

Phil said...

That was quite a year!

qaminante said...

Hope this is the year of the dream job.

Dakota said...

You don't know the half of it, Phil :)

Fingers crossed, Qaminante

Dakota said...

Yay! Snow Patrol :)

Phil said...

Great list! I would love to do it myself, but I've got such a blog backup to post... Suppose it could be a sewer backup, now that would be worse :[]

KJ's muse said...

Cool meme. I predict you WILL get that wonderful job!

Dakota said...

Oh my, DoGGa, if you are really planning on updating us, you probably have to stay home the rest of the month ;)

That is one prediction I would like to believe, KJ’s Muse :)