Thursday, January 04, 2007

Sitting, waiting, wishing.

Today I had to spend most of my day sitting, waiting (and wishing) for the appraiser to come round. Man, time surely slows down when you are waiting, doesn’t it? And it almost feels like it goes even slower when they tell you the guy is going to show up after a certain time. In this case they told me after 12 and he finally showed his face just after three. But I don’t care about that anymore, because he came bearing promising news. Every bit of damage is going to be restored and I am even going to get 4 big brand-new Leylandi Cypresses (Cupressus × leylandii) and pay for removal of the burned ones, …..woohoo! One downer tho’, it’s not really planting seasons right now, so the new ones will probably be planted in late April or early May, but who cares…..I am going to get new ones. All that I need to do now is get some estimates in from contractors. The future, or 2007 at least, is starting to look promising :)

3 comments:

kat said...

It must be a relief to know that there are not going to be any problems with the insurers. You can never be sure until they have been.

Anonymous said...

Great news! My faith in insurance has been restored. (for now)

Dakota said...

It is one worry less, but you never know what’s going to happen next…..they still are insurers, aren’t they? Yesterday I just wanted to say to the guy……'enough small talk, show me the money’ :)