Wednesday, December 06, 2006

To doodle, or not to doodle.

The last couple of days I’ve discovered, or should I say, rediscovered the pleasure of doodling. I used to do it all the time, but for some reason I stopped. Not sure why though, in my opinion there is nothing better than doing something completely mindless. And all you need is a pen and a piece of paper……who needs computers? Not sure, why I tried so hard to repair the damn thing now ;)

Anyway, here is something I doodled over the last couple of days while I was waiting for windows and other stuff to install, waiting for all the updates or yet another reboot sequence.


Of course I am curious, so here is my question to you: Do you doodle? If so, what sort of stuff do you draw? (Oops, those were two questions :))

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I doodle constantly in meetings. I can't help it. Squiggles, stars, triangles, designs, nothing recognizable. Lately it has been a lot of inter-connected triangles. I wonder what that means?

Anonymous said...

I love your doodle. I used to doodle a lot and I can't remember when I stopped doing it! My colleague draws endless pictures of his house and garden ideas during staff meetings and when I finally visited him it was very strange to see it all in real life!

kat said...

It depends on my mood. If I am in a good mood I draw circles and flowers. If I'm stressed, I box things in or draw zagged lines.

Yours is very artistic.

Phil said...

That's brill. I used to doodle all the time, drawing little country scenes or messing around with a monogram of my initials.
I really want to get back into drawing, especailly drawing Japanese style (Manga) cartoons.

Dakota said...

In the past I used to draw all sorts of separate shapes too, Zoom! I don’t know what happened but these day’s it all needs to fit together, like a puzzle or something. Not sure what that means. Probably a lot or absolutely nothing…. Just like your inter-connected triangles :)

Thanks, Lord Hutton. Are you sure the things you doodle are doodles? They sound an awful lot like work to me ;)

Thank you, Snowqueen. It’s a pity you gave up doodling; it can be very relaxing and stimulating at the same time. I couldn't draw things like your colleague does though, I would think to much about what I was drawing then.

LOL! Kat, I so know what you mean. I used to do the same thing. Somehow, somewhere, something changed I guess. These days my doodles turn into something artistic.

Thank you, DoGGa. Funny, I did the fooling around with my initials for a long time too, but I was never satisfied with the result.
I do think you should start drawing again, if you are able to draw Manga you must be very talented :)

Andre Veloux said...

I used to in lectures, but not in the internet age.

Some famous people do, check this out Dak:
http://www.presidentialdoodles.com/

Dakota said...

Thanks for the link, Andre. Those doodles look pretty interesting :)