Thursday, November 23, 2006

This is un*beeeeeeeeeeeping*believable!

Today I received this little letter addressed to the residents at my address. Since most of you can’t understand Dutch I will translate some of it:

Dear Mrs, Mr,

Currently we are delivering Radio and TV channels via our cable to your door, but according to our administration you are not paying for any of it. Because we like you to pay, we now call your attention to the next few point.

You want to keep receiving all our fabulous Radio and TV Channels. Fine, pay us € 9.53 a month and return the enclosed form to us with all your details.

You are already one of our customers. Please return the enclosed form to us with all your details.

You don’t want to use our great cable service. Fine, we will disconnect you on December 22.

And then they go on about how great they are, blablabla!

Of course this isn’t a literal translation, but you get the meaning. Now, here is the thing ….. they disconnected me without a reason or a warning 2 years ago!! I tried everything to get reconnected again, but every attempt failed. In the end I just gave up. Asked them politely to stick their cable in a place where the sun never shines and happily opted for Digital TV from another company. And now they are telling me I had cable the whole time?

Grrrrrr……

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Qaminante - having trouble again because it wants me to sign in with a google account (and doesn't accept my blogger name/password)..
I like your translation! Could they possibly mean you have the (physical) cable but don't have a subscription?! Otherwise it's mystifying, because if you aren't paying, we all know perfectly well they stop delivering. At least, I do as UPC are my cable TV company too - though no longer my ISP after I had terrible problems with them! I don't suppose I will get such a letter as I am certainly paying them, but I'm getting a bit nervous as the 2 other cable companies in Brussels provoked near riots when they went digital, and UPC (Belgium) hasn't done it yet...

Anonymous said...

It sounds like cable companies are the same all over the world!

Andre Veloux said...

UPC! The same company who I have had all my internet troubles with! A small world? In fact I have written to them cancelling my contract and its 4 weeks and they have not replied. I wonder if they will actually disconnect me.

I have my new digital box, and am just waiting for the line to be connected!

Dakota said...

That is kind of strange, Qaminante! According to Blogger it’s still possible to log in with a Blogger account. But you can always use the “other” option, at least that way your name will turn up instead of anonymous. That’s what I used when I wasn’t able to log in anymore.

According to them I actually do have cable without having a subscription! At first I thought about testing it, but I can’t be bothered because that will mean I have to replace all the cables again. Too much trouble! When I had a subscription I used to pay them through my gas and electricity bill, I guess they’ve changed the system now, because apparently these days they sent you a bill.

Luckily I never gave the ISP services of UPC a go. I once thought about it though, I even did sent them a application form…….never heard from them :)

Cable companies really are the same all over the world Zoom!

And still UPC has the nerve to say they have satisfied costumers all over the world, Andre :) Maybe you should email them and ask them for a confirmation. On the other hand, yesterday I filled in a complaint form on their site and I wasn’t able to send it. They kept redirecting me to “Page not found” or “The page you are looking for no longer exists” nice way to get rid of complaints