Sunday, November 05, 2006

Mind, Body & Soul Session (#21)

Take a walk on the wild side ….outside!

The wind is blowing, trees are swaying, leaves change colour and fall to the ground. When you think about it, autumn actually is the most beautiful season of the year. So, why stay indoors when there is so much to see outside. Go for a walk, ride a bike and let the fresh air fill your lungs!

Nature is good for you, especially this time of year when it gets colder and darker outside. I know it’s very tempting to stay indoors where it’s warm and comfy, but please don’t! Get your butt outside :). All the colours, fresh air and daylight will do you a world of good.

So, today go for a breath of fresh air, even if you don’t have to go out at all. Go for a walk on the beach and let the wind blow all your worries away. Take a walk in the forest, be a kid again and kick leaves to your heart’s content. Observe wildlife, look for wild and edible mushroom (only eat them if you are sure they are safe), collect leaves in all shapes and colours, look for “owl pellets” or how about chestnuts. Take your camera out and shoot anything you fancy. Just a few things you can do outdoors this autumn.

Spending at least 30 minutes outside will improve your mood considerably, you will feel a lot better, you will feel healthier and you will also burn a few calories in the process. What more could you want?

Hmmz… what’s that I hear calling your name? Oh, hold on, it’s the great outdoors calling……..

Have a great Sunday!

5 comments:

b o o said...

went for an after dinner walk with the bf. it was chilly out but v nice. did u enjoy your walk? thanks for the autumny tip {{Dakota}}

Anonymous said...

I went for a run in the snow, which was, um, refreshing!

Dakota said...

Oh my, it seems we all went out for some fresh air. I went for a walk by the river, kicked some leaves around in my garden and after that I raked them all up. Not sure why I did that because when I look outside now, I see the same amount of leaves right in the same spot. Oh well, time for another breath of fresh air I guess :)

Thanks for playing along guys :D

Phil said...

I was out getting high on fresh air in the garden all weekend :]

Dakota said...

Yeah, I know! :) Well done, DoGGa!!