Thursday, November 16, 2006

Just stir …..and that’s it!

I think I’ve to visit Belgium soon. Why? Because! Kidding…. I’ve found a very interesting, new product online the other day which I, of course, would like to sample. Who knows, you might want to do the same after you have read the rest :)

Do you love dark milk chocolate, based on bitter chocolate? Or milk chocolate with just a hint of sweetness? Or are you more likely to choose a marriage between nuts and chocolate? No, still not a thing you would fancy? Well, how about this one then: Cointreau…..a novel combination of orange liqueur and bitter chocolate? What am I talking about? I am talking about Choc-o-lait here, the new way to make hot chocolate in an instant.
The concept is new and original. They have created something that looks like a chocolate lollypop. It’s a wooden stick with a Belgian chocolate on one end, which rapidly melts in a cup of hot milk. Man, that must result in the best hot-chocolate ever!

Hmmz… not willing to travel to Belgium? Well, you could always make your own hot cocoa. Just put some cocoa in a cup, add some lukewarm milk (not too much) and stir until you have a smooth mix. Add some sugar and steaming hot milk. Of course you can add some whipped cream on top or some marshmallows. You could also use chocolate sauce or syrup. But you probably knew that already, so here is an alternative hot chocolate…..which is very yummy too!

Cocos – Cocoa

Serves: 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes.
Ingredients:
500 ml ready made/store bought chocolate milk
100 ml coconut milk
25 gr. Dark (bitter) chocolate
4 table spoons Malibu Coconut liqueur
Whipped cream
½ table spoon of grated coconut.

Also needed: 4 mugs and a grater

How to:
Put the chocolate milk and coconut milk in a saucepan
Bring it almost to a boil
In the meantime grate the chocolate
Put a spoon full of Malibu in each mug
Pour the hot chocolate/coconut milk on top of that
Add the whipped cream and garnish with the grated coconut and chocolate.

Enjoy!!

9 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

have to say this Dakota....but that sounds disgusting!! Although the Belgian chocolate melty thingy sounds scrummy!

Dakota said...

Okay, fair enough! Let's just say there's no accounting for taste, Aoj :)

Phil said...

Now that sounds nice, as does the Belgians creation. *drool* :[]

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

It's odd really because I love chocolate and I love coconut, although not keen on Malibu - and I love chocolate and conconut together, in Bounty bars for example so not quite sure what puts me off that recipe...possibly because it's hot?? Oh I don't know...go figure!!

Dakota said...

Here is a bib, DoGGa. Please wipe your chin; I can still see a bit of drool :)

Yeah, that is kind of strange, Aoj especially since you like most of the ingredients. So, maybe it’s the Malibu, maybe the cream, or maybe it’s just the hotness. Sometimes you just don’t know ………. :)

qaminante said...

I've already had the chocolate melty thing and it was a bit of a disappointment.

b o o said...

u had me at "marriage between nuts & chocolate" sounds like alota people i know. heh. incidentally i'm allergic to nuts but i love dark chocolate :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. If you do come to Belgium, you can get hot chocolate made this way at the main café in a complex of bookshops and eating places called Cook & Book, next to the Wolubilis cultural centre near Roodebeek metro station - although mine took ages to melt and I ended up eating most of it off the stick. I have seen the chocolate sticks for sale somewhere too, not sure where but I'll look out for them. Anyway, if you come to Brussels you must send me an e-mail and I can take you there!
Btw this is qaminante but I can't get your comments page to accept my identity..

Dakota said...

LOL! Boo, I know a lot of couples like that too :)
Let’s forget about the nuts, let’s go dark!!

I don’t know what was going on with Blogger, Qaminante. It was acting kind of strange earlier but I think everything is okay now.
So, the story is better then the actual product…..hmmz, that’s disappointing :(. But who knows maybe the milk wasn’t hot enough or something. They specify an exact temperature on their website and a Dutch website raised the temperature with an additional 10º C.
Anyway, thanks for all the information and if I ever go to Brussels I’ll let you know :)

Okay, I’ll consider that…..3 yes and a maybe Lord Hutton ;)