Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cue autumn!!

Only 7 days ago I was wondering if the summer was ever going to end…….Well, it did two days ago and quite abruptly too. It’s almost as if turning back the clock to winter time (standard time) had something to do with it. One week ago, we still had a lovely 22 degrees and today’s high is 8ºC. Brrrr! I am freezing! This abrupt weather change is a shock to the (/my) system. I am cold…..oh, I already said that!....And the last couple of days I’ve been feeling a bit lousy, a bit like you feel when you are going to get sick or something. I rarely get sick, so apparently my body is just trying to adjust to these new temperatures. I secretly asked it if it was done yet, but as it turns out, the answer is NO! It’s chilly!! Oh….. I already mentioned that too. Man, this post is going absolutely nowhere. So I won’t bore you any longer. You are welcome to sit by the fire

while I put my summer clothing in storages and get out the warm wool sweaters, shawls, winter coats, gloves, boots, warm pants and long johns. After that I’ll go to shop to get some cocoa and some candles and then I think it’s time to finally say……AUTUMN is here!!

Stay warm!!

8 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

I love Autumn, it's definitely my favourite season! Blimmin' chilly here though!

Anonymous said...

Autumn's pretty much over here in Canada. The leaves are on the ground and it snowed today. I'm not ready for winter, it's already too cold!

kat said...

It's suddenly gone cold here too. I am going to have to get my winter clothes out.

Anonymous said...

It's freezing cold outside, and that from me, Mr. SuperDuper-It's-always-too-hot Wanderingthinker. WHo would have thought that.... I'm getting to old...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dakota said...

I love autumn too, Aoj
I just need to adjust to the colder temperatures now…..Brrrrrr!

Snow? Did you write SNOW,Zoom!? I am definitely not ready for snow! :)

You’ll need them now, Kat

Oh, you’re not old Wanderingthinker :) Remember I am older, so if you are old…..I must be prehistoric! It’s just cold ;)

Phil said...

It's a bit of a shock is it not!
There's something warm and cosy about this time of year though... Although I'll change my mind about that a few months into it :]
Hope you're feeling OK!

Dakota said...

It sure is a shock! I like it better when the temperatures gradually gets lower, but hey….you can’t always get what you want etc. :)

I like this season a lot too. I like the smell of fires in the air, the burning of candles, the wind, the leaves and oh so much more…..

I am doing okay right now, thanks for asking :)
I am getting used to the weather but otherwise, I think I have some idea of what a yo-yo’s life must be like ;)