Thursday, October 26, 2006

Is the summer ever going to end?

Okay, we have had some (to be honest very little) autumn weather, but this is actually getting quite ridiculous right about now. November is just around the corner and I ate my lunch outside in the sunshine (temperature 22º C/71.6ºF) today. Normally it would be 12º C by now. But hey, I am not complaining…..I am enjoying it (and that’s why you are now ending up with this lame blog post :þ). On the other hand, I like the seasons too…..

This morning I went for a long walk and on a small quest actually. I wanted to find some mushrooms to photograph. That’s kind of hard; because where I live you can find absolutely anything and everything except a real forest. In my little village (don’t say that…..the village thinks it’s a city!), they throw a few trees and shrubs together and call it a forest or a park, but IMHO it’s not even that. When you can walk through it in 15 minutes it’s not a park, it’s a green area. Okay, honestly, they are nice, but not what I was looking for…….

At the end of my walk I found some fungus/mushroom (or should I say toadstools because they are toxic as soon as the ink starts dripping), however not the kind I was looking for. I found some Coprinus comatus, the shaggy ink cap, lawyer's wig, or shaggy mane. Not very interesting, but I was pleased with the pictures I took. So, since I was in a creative mood I turned them into a little project and I think they are much more interesting to look at now ;) Feel free to disagree!

6 comments:

kat said...

Great photos, Dakata, ( I love them) but what is going on here?
:-) I photographed some large toadstools yesterday with the intention of posting them on my blog - I'll check the pics later to see if they are any good. A couple of days ago you posted the Dove movie right after I had been watching it on the Dove site. Weird!

Dakota said...

LOL! Stu and thanks :)

That pic is in the middle because I tried to show how they changed during their lifespan, but I have to admit I wasn’t sure about putting that one in the middle too :)

That’s mighty weird, Kat. Apparently we are on the same wavelength this week. Ah well, you know what they say ….. great minds think alike :)I hope your pics turned out okay!

Phil said...

That's brill! Ace photos and it's good to see you like doing little projects like this... Keep them coming :]

Dakota said...

Well DoGGa, I have to keep myself busy or I’ll go nuts! But I like doing them :)
At the moment I am working on something else but I don’t think it’s ever going to be posted anywhere….. the creative flow has left the building (or at least today it has :))

Rayya Ghul said...

beautiful photos! I came across a puffball the size of a football the other day.

Your verification word is 'adulk' which I think means and grown-up sulking.

Dakota said...

Wow, a puffball the size of a football! I wish I could find one of those, Snowqueen :)

Lol! I like your explanation of the word adulk :D