Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Three Beautiful Things.

Last week AOJ shared three beautiful things on her blog and she asked everyone to join in, so here are my beautiful things:

People with a passion
I love people, but I love people with a passion, even more. The drive they have, the way they can passionately talk about the thing they love most for hours on end, and their enthusiasm always fills me with so much energy. And it doesn’t even matter what they are passionate about, it could be music, art, children, love, books, cooking, life itself, sports, personal improvement, movies, nature, travelling, DIY, fulfilling their dreams, or surviving a serious illness…..just as long as the passion is real, my love for them grows. I can’t help it; I am passionate about people with a passion.

Water
I love water in every shape and form. Why? Too many reasons actually but here are a few.
I love to drink it (plain or in the form of tea/coffee), to swim in it, shower or take a bath with it, the sound it can make, it frozen, the way it flows, how it feels, the way it makes me feel, the way it can form droplets, to watch it for hours - especially when it comes in the form of waves, rapids or a waterfall. Water is just brilliant!

The Net
A bit of an odd choice, but I think the internet is beautiful too. It has brought me wisdom, fun, insight, a different perspective, acquaintances, friends and once upon a time a even b-friend, travel companions, products, information, music, movies, books, laughter, a tear to my eye, free lance work, courage, support, blogs, news, odd videos, meetings with strangers, art, photos, ideas, contacts all over the world and so much more….
Oh, and let’s not forget, it brought me you, my fateful blog reader(s).
Thanks for stopping by today :-)

7 comments:

kat said...

Yes, people should have a passion.

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

You are so right about people with a passion, that gushing enthusiasm just seems to carry you in its wake and awaken your own ambitions and goals again!

Lord Hutton said...

What Angela says

qaminante said...

Love your choices, and also your waves photo... I think my 3 might be chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate, but I'm just shallow (and a passionate glutton)

Dakota said...

Thanks all! :-)

I love your beautiful things too, Qaminante. This morning I was reading about CHOCOLAd’AMOUR, festival of Sweet Sin. Sounds yummie :-)

Anonymous said...

ITA about water. I just LOVE to be near it, see it, etc. It can be a river, lake, the ocean...it's just very relaxing and beautiful. But, I do not swim. Go figure. :)

Dakota said...

I know what you mean, Krissa and I feel very fortunate because I live close to a river. I could watch the water flow 24/7 if I wanted to :-)