Friday, August 31, 2007

Look what I found (#8)

I Used to Believe – The Childhood beliefs site.
I Used To Believe is a fun site! It holds a weird and wonderful compilation of ideas that adults thought were true when they were children. One example “my dad used to tell me that if you pointed at things, you were poking holes in the air and the fairies/birds would trip over them. I’m still hesitant to poke holes..”
And here is one thing I used to believe: Milk came from ‘normal’ black and/or white cows; chocolate milk was produced by brown cows :-)

Bizarre experiments.
I came across a list of the 20 most bizarre experiments of all time on the museumofhoaxes.com. In my opinion, bizarre is a bit of an understatement, some of them are really atrocious but hey, that’s just my opinion. Oh, and in case you are wondering: Why are these experiments listed on the Museum of Hoaxes? They're not hoaxes, are they? Here is the sites answer: “No, they're not. All of these experiments really did occur. I put the list here simply because I already had this site up and running, and I didn't feel like designing a new site just for one list.”
Make of it what you will.

Talking about weird, bizarre or whatever you want to call it, have you seen this video? It’s really unbelievable!
The guy doing this is Jean-Yves Blondeau, also known as Rollerman.

Intruder protection system.
Wouldn’t it be useful if you could turn your bedside table into an intruder protection system. The makers of the "Safe Bedside Table" must have thought so. One minute your bedside table is what it is, a bedside table and the next it becomes a home intruder protection system. All it takes are two quick steps :-) Ideal for scaring away burglars, ghosts, obtrusive husbands, rats and mice, and gnomes. Oh my, did I just say gnomes, as in leprechauns? Yes I did, because they are out there!

They simply must be, because what other explanation is there for this odd ball behaviour:
That’s all folks!

7 comments:

Andre Veloux said...

I thought that roller thing was computer generated! That's amazing. It looks like the kind of thing I scare myself going down on a bike!

b o o said...

i love [i used to believe] thanks Dakota. have a great weekend *hugss*

Dakota said...

At first I thought it was fake too, Andre, it looks too much like something from the Transformers movie, but apparently it the real thing. That guy must be soooo high on adrenaline when he stops at the bottom.

Glad you liked it, Boo

Lord Hutton said...

Muse are from my town. I must show the video to the Boy (Sk8r). Or perhaps not.
(I was sure I justed posted a comment, but nothing showed)

Phil said...

I thought that video was CGI too. Very insane. I used to bicycle down this one hill where I hit 47 mph (I had a speedometer on the bike)

So where exacly does chocolate milk come from then??? I'll have to visit the site

Max said...

I so need to get broadband!

Dakota said...

Weird that the comment didn’t show, Lord Hutton. I don’t know how that could have happened, but then again there are more sites acting weird these days….flickr and ‘my yahoo’ will not load properly :-(

Oh my, it’s probably best when you don’t show it to him. He might want to copy this behaviour :-)

I have a love/hate relationship with Muse’s music, some times I can really enjoy it, but on other days it can hurl me in a deep depression.

47 mph? Phil, you are (or were) a real dare devil! I think I would have walked down hill instead of staying on my bike :-)

Not a clue where chocolate milk comes from ;-) Deep down I still want to believe it comes from brown cows :-)

A new home is the perfect opportunity to make the switch, Max :-)