Thursday, August 02, 2007

Look what I found (#4)

In Pictures: The strangest sights on Google Earth.
"Ever since Google first let people scour the planet from the comfort of their computers through the Google Earth software program, fans have been on a virtual scavenger hunt from the North Pole to the South Pole looking for anything interesting, unusual, or unexplained."
Now it’s your turn to take a little trip and check out some of the bizarre things they’ve found.

Warning Signs.

Warning signs, or just signs, can be very confusing, like the one on Kat’s blog for instance, but others can be very clear, just plain rude, funny or …….what's the word I am looking for......ehmm handy, I guess. . Anyway, here you can find a ……….. (insert your word of choice) selection.


Okay, those were a bit odd, but the next thing is just bizarre!

And talking about bizarre…….Pushin’ Daises is probably the weirdest online shop I ever encountered. ;-)

I also found an interesting article about why people have sex. Did you know there are 237 (and counting) reasons? I didn’t! I always thought that one reason was enough. You can find the article here. Or maybe you never really wanted to know what was going on inside other people’s minds, in which case you should skip reading the article immediately.

I am a bit intrigued by Joan Crawford’s reason now “I need sex for a clear complexion.”, such a shame it isn’t on the list. ;-)


And that’s it for now. Just to end this post a short video of Men in Coats. Why? Because they always make me laugh and that should be enough reason :)

7 comments:

qaminante said...

Wish I could pee from the knee like the squatting lady! It could come in very handy.

Anonymous said...

Excellent stuff - particularly like both the videos... I'd love to see Men In Coats live :)

b o o said...

interesting find. i only need one reason for sex.

Phil said...

Ah, an excellent pure entertainment Friday post Dakota.

I've seen the Google Earth youtube video of all the odd places; very interesting.

Love the magic trick - that's like the next generation of cutting someone in half or what! :]

Men in coats, who doesn't love em?

Dakota said...

I know what you mean, Qaminante. Maybe there is an operation we could have so that we could pee from the knee ;-)

Thank you, Stu. It would be great to see them live. I don’t know if they are still touring though, I can’t seem to find any tour/show dates.

See, people only need one reason, not 237 :-) Thanks for confirming that, Boo :-)

Ehmmz… *singing* “Let meeeeee, entertain you” ;-)
There are some very odd places on this globe!

I thought the magic trick was quite bizarre and amazing. Especially because they do most of it without any noticeable boxes, cabinets or other stuff they usually put their “victim” in.

kat said...

The Google Earth finds are really interesting. Thanks, Dakota.

Dakota said...

My pleasure, Kat! I hope you've enjoyed yourself :-)