Thursday, August 03, 2006

Life experience list

I know it’s bad. I’ve only posted one fresh post and now I am already copying stuff from other blogs. Does this make me feel bad? No way, because I like this :) I copied this from Kat’s blog. It’s a list of 150 key life experiences and all you have to do is bold the ones you have achieved. If you want to copy it too, be my guest :)


01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink - there were only 5 people there at the time so that was doable
02. Swam with wild dolphins – but I want too
03. Climbed a mountain
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula - one of my friends has pet tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone - more then once
08. Said 'I love you' and meant it - if you don't mean it, don't say it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea - that was a bit of a scary experience. I was on a really small boat in a storm....but I survived.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise - that brings back sweet memories
14. Seen the Northern Lights
15. Gone to a huge sports game
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables - I used to grow so many I had to give most of it away
18. Touched an iceberg - Does one of the biggest glaciers on earth count? Probably not!
19. Slept under the stars - Oh....memories again ;)
20. Changed a baby's diaper - Yuck!
21. Taken a trip on a hot air balloon
22. Watched a meteor shower
23. Got drunk on champagne - I don't drink all that much so getting drunk on champagne is very cheep in my case :)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity - Did that once, not doing it again
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope - impressive!!
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment - Don't ask
27. Had a food fight - pie is food?! ;)
28. Bet on a winning horse - I only won 25 euro's
29. Asked out a stranger - His answer: "no, thank you! I don't know you".....ehmm duh!
30. Had a snowball fight - I love them....
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can - couldn't talk the next day!
32. Held a lamb - only a few hours old...Ah, so cute!
33. Seen a total eclipse - well I think I did a couple of years back. I can't remember if it was a total or a partial eclipse
34. Ridden a roller coaster - Who hasn't
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking - I do that all the time ;)
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment - need I say more
39. Had two hard drives for your computer - call me crazy!
40. Visited all 50 states
41. Taken care of someone who was shit faced - And I am never doing it again if I can help it
42. Had amazing friends - I have amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country - not by choice, it was an accident …honest! ;)
44. Watched wild whales - no but I want too
45. Stolen a sign - No I didn't.....honest ;)
46. Backpacked in Europe - It's all part of growing up in Europe :)
47. Taken a road-trip - done this in Europe, the U.S. and Canada
48. Gone rock climbing
49. Midnight walk on the beach - I Love it!
50. Gone sky diving
51. Visited Ireland - no but I will some day
52. Been heartbroken for longer than when you were in love - No comment
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger's table and had a meal with them - and it was a fun experience
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow - and drank the milk too
56. Alphabetized your cds - I thought it was a great idea at the time
57. Pretended to be a superhero
58. Sung karaoke – If you can call that singing :) Okay it was fun and awful at the same time
59. Lounged around in bed all day - memories again ;)
60. Posed nude in front of strangers - I did not pose!!
61. Gone scuba diving - around Aruba
62. Kissed in the rain - Sweet!!
63. Played in the mud - the sticky kind
64. Playe
d in the rain - Who hasn't when you live in Europe
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites - in Greece
70. Taken a martial arts class - taekwondo, wasn't my thing
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party - A wedding reception.... I had a great time!
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch - Yum....I want to make cookies now!
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an "expert"
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage - I sat on stage as an extra, not sure that counts!
85. Been to Las Vegas - a couple of times
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark
88. Had a one-night stand
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship- Several times
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
98. Created and named your own constellation of stars
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over - and than moved back "home" after 3 years.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge - twice
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn't stop when you knew someone was looking - I sang even louder when I saw someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn't have survived.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback - Not doing that again....scary!!
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Petted a stingray
110. Broken someone's heart - and I am not proud of it
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a body part of yours below the neck pierced
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild - Yum!
118. Ridden a horse - Often!
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon - Only went halfway down
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S.
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat - In a African restaurant
127. Eaten sushi
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone's mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
131. Parasailed
132. Petted a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey
135. Selected one "important" author who you missed in school
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language - when you travel don’t forget to bring your hands and feet
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you're living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn't know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146: Dyed your hair - of course!....who wants to be (sort of) blond ;)
147: Been a DJ - that was fun!
148: Shaved your head - it was an accident, but in the end it did grown on me….
149: Caused a car accident
150: Saved someone's life


6 comments:

kat said...

You should definitely swim with a dolphin. I only saw the fin at first and was scared out of my mind until I realised that it was a friendly dolphin rather than a shark. It just appeared at the side of me and I swear I could hear the Jaws music.

Dakota said...

Okay Kat, I’ll keep my eye out for dolphins, not that we have them over here : ( But you never know, maybe I see some on future travels.

I can imagine you were scared out of your mind when you saw the fin at first…..I guess I would think of Jaws too. Brrrrr…..scary! I believe that movie really spoiled the sea for a lot of people. I am soooo glad we don’t have big sharks in the North Sea :)

Phil said...

Hahaha I was going to do this list... how odd!
I will shamelessly steal this from you later in the week and do it myself.
Yours is interesting! :]

Dakota said...

Thanks, DoGGa Eh, Oh….that’s not odd, it’s just that deep connection we have with each other. Just kidding…it’s probably just the blogosphere :)

Can’t wait to read your list, so go ahead……STEAL!!

wanderingthinker said...

Hi Dakota, just dropped by, beeing back in town and reporting, I'm still alive! Great list, interesting answers, interesting person you are.

Dakota said...

Oh you were gone, Wanderingthinker? I hadn't noticed it yet…….just kidding of course I had noticed it and I was even getting ready to send you one of my inquiring emails ;) Glad you are back safe and sound :)