Friday, May 04, 2007

This week’s odd finds!

Be heard, be noticed, be safe and sound.
Cars and pedestrians often collide with cyclists on busy streets because they just can't hear an approaching bicycle. Imagine, if your bicycle could sound like a Harley? You would definitely get their attention. They say “Our products will improve safety for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers. At the same time they will add some fun, creativity and important information to your daily commute.” Useful or just rubbish, you decide! Anyway, as kids we used to do this. -->
A cheap and easy solution!



Another useful or strange gadget: The iGrill or GiPod. "Grill or roast plus enjoy your favourite tunes from your iPo".




If you like old photos, this might interest you the 100-year-old photo blog




Annoying or what?


Today’s lesson: How to give a great man to man hug to your closest friends and family without getting that awkward feeling!

4 comments:

KJ's muse said...

Funny video!

Hmmm, personally I think cars often collide with both pedestrians and cyclists because they (well, the people in them, snort) can't be bothered looking. It's only when I started biking that I became more aware of everything that could get in my way, and unfortunately everything often does! :))

b o o said...

ah yes, the hug without lower body contact :)

Phil said...

LOL, I used to stick bits of card in my back wheel and in fact, I might start again! :]

The mobile in the drink is well deserved, love it, but if a bloke did that, he'd probably get punched :[]

Ah, yes, the hug etiquette - Life is full of these little things and it's not until someone points them out do they become funny.

Dakota said...

I know what you mean, KJ’s Muse. When you ride a bike you seem to get invisible, no one (pedestrians and cars) seems to notice you anymore. It’s almost as if you need to have 10 pair of eyes to keep an eye on everything, but I still love to ride my bike :)

No lower body action, Boo :)

That would be fun, DoGGa. Maybe I’ll give it a go too :) It sure would bring back memories.

I don’t think a gal would leave her phone ringing like that. They always want to know who is calling and then either take the call or redirect it to voicemail.

I am sometimes amazed about how funny these simple little ordinary things can become. It’s a pleasure to watch :)