Thursday, May 17, 2007

Education Now.

"There are currently 115 million children globally who receive no education at all. 860 million adults in the world cannot read, two thirds of whom are women.

115 million children are denied a basic human right, the right to an education. Without an education, children, families and countries are consigned to poverty, let down by a string of broken promises from the international community. Oxfam is campaigning for governments and institutions to really put their money where their mouth is and make the dream of education for all a reality."

If you want to support them go here. They don’t want your money, all they want is your signature (or a photo) so they can present them during the next G8 meeting in Berlin.

Oxfam asked Dutch folks to upload a school class photo onto their site, so I did and here’s the one I uploaded :)(please don't laugh ;))

The Class of 1978

17 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

OK...I reckon you are the blonde standing on the far left of the picture?

Those statistics are horrifying.

b o o said...

check out the hairstyles :)

Dakota said...

Whahaha Lol! You did say blonde and standing on the far left, now did you Aoj? Ehmm…. That’s a boy, well a guy by now I guess :)

Those statistics are really shocking :(

Yeah baby…….the seventies! Need I say more, Boo?

Lord Hutton said...

Where's your skool uniforms?

Lord Hutton said...

A decent education would probably stop most wars and prevent poverty and domestic violence. The stupidity of humans in not realising this is astounding

kat said...

Dakota, You have to tell us which one is you!

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Oops!! Well he's very pretty!!

Phil said...

Huh, I never knew that!!!

Niiiice picture... So which one are you. I'm with AOJ :]

Phil said...

Oops, I just read the rest of the comments LOL - Do I get a second guess?

Dakota said...

We don’t do school uniforms, Lord Hutton :)

I totally agree with your second comment.

I will, Kat…. But DoGGa wants to guess again :)

He is, or was, in a girly sort of way, Aoj ;)

Try again, DoGGa :). Here’s a clue, I am standing in the back row :)

Andre Veloux said...

I reckon ur the geeky one in the pink , with dark hair, 2nd from the right middle row!!!!! This is fun. Oh I've just read you are in the back row 5th from left then. To be honest I had my money on the boy 3rd from left too.

Dakota said...

What is it with that guy ;) Anyway, you guessed wrong, Andre. The second one was one of my best friends at the time though :)

Phil said...

Very 70's for sure

KJ's muse said...

Aw, sweet picture. But in fairness to your faithful readers, I think you should photoshop a nice little circle around yourself. No? Go back to my own blog you say? Well, guess I can't blame you! ;)

Dakota said...

We are old enough to remember those years, Phil :)

Lol, KJ’s Muse! My thoughts exactly ;)

But I like your idea and will modify the picture as soon as I've figured out how to do that in Photoshop ;)

Phil said...

Pass :[

Dakota said...

Okay, DoGGa :)