Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back to life, back to……….blogging ;)

Guess what people, I am BACK! All the celebrations (and the organising that comes with it) are done and dusted, so I can resume “normal” activities again and that also means, bore you all to death :-)

My Mum had a great b-day (thanks for asking, Boo). The Saturday before her actually birthday we boarded a river boat for a moonlight river cruise. My Mum had a lovely time being wined and dined, did a little dancing, watched the entertainment, the fireworks and enjoyed the scenery. According to my Mum it was her best birthday ever (and it wasn't even her birthday yet). And oh, in case you are wondering, her other guests and I (who would have thought) had a fun time too.

On her actual b-day, we had a small surprise party. She thought I was just dropping by to give her some flowers and her present but when I rang her doorbell she was surprised to see my brother, my SIL, their kids with spouses and all her (much older) sisters too. It was a fun evening with a lot of reminiscing; a special moment to remember my Dad and 75 funny little presents (like a toothbrush, shampoo, anti motion sickness pills, earplugs, perfume and so on and so on) leading up to a bigger present.

So what did I give her in the end? Well, I donated some money to two of her favourite charities (thanks for suggesting that people) and we all chipped in to give her (what we think was) a special gift, a holiday! We are not sure where she is going to go just yet because she has to pick a destination from 75 suggestions :-). Anyway no matter where she going to end up, I bet this was a birthday to remember

6 comments:

b o o said...

those are cute things to remember your dad by :)

and i'm glad your mom had a great birthday, cruising and dancing then with family and lots of presents *perfect*

KJ's muse said...

Welcome back! And no, you never bore us.

Your mom's birthday sounds like it was a great success. And you did a smashing job of organizing it! Kudos to you. :)

Andre Veloux said...

Perfect! Plus a great idea for my mums next birthday! Give money to her favourite charities, I don't think she has any charity, so that would go down well!

And glad you are back, we need some more mind, body and soul stuff!

Dakota said...

Aah, thanks guys :-)

She is still talking about her b-day, so I guess it was just perfect, Boo

Just stick around long enough, KJ’s Muse and I can assure you there will come a day …….. :-)

Is that a request or a suggestion, Andre?

Phil said...

Cool - Sounds like a result!!!

My mother went on holiday by the sea with her sister for the week over her birthday and she loved it :]

Dakota said...

Oh, that sounds great, DoGGa and happy belated b-day Mama DoGGa!

My Mum hasn’t decided yet, but I think she will go to a seaside resort or something, she loves the sea.