Friday, September 07, 2007

Look what I found (#9)

Aaahh Freak out!
Freaking news has an interesting Photoshop contest. In this contest people are asked to perform partial face transplants on politicians and celebrities. The right half of a face has to be from one celebrity and the left half from another. The results are very weird and wonderful at the same time.

Slippery when wet
Maybe not as weird and wonderful, but somehow still interesting, is this next site called Damp Cats. Damp Cats is the ultimate collection of wet, soggy, un-dry and generally damp cats on the web.
Want to see more wet pets? Wet dogs and wet pets just might your thing.

Ice is slippery too!
So, why not continue with the animal fun. This time it comes in the form of a game: Pingus. Pingus is a free Lemmings-like game. Don't know good ol'Lemmings? Well, Lemmings is puzzle game in which the player takes command of a bunch of small animals and has to guide them around levels. The animals walk on their own and the player can only influence them by giving them commands, like build a bridge, dig a hole or redirect all animals in the other direction. The goal of each level is to reach the exit.
Pingus is very similar but does have some nice new features like a world map and secret levels.
The game is free, but of course if you think the it is worth some money you can donate via Paypal.

Oh, and since we are on the subject of retro games, do you remember that simple (uhum) puzzle game called BoxWorld? If you don't know it, or have never played it, you can download it here


For those of you who can never get enough of watching animals….even more animal fun….Mirror, mirror on the wall!

Okay, enough of that, let’s move on to some serious business, or business cards in this case. Some of them are just horrible, or way too old fashioned, but others are just brilliant. Check out this amazing collection.

That’s all folks!

8 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Nooooooooooo! Walk away from the Pingus. I said walk away!!

Oh bugger....too late. There goes the rest of the evening then.

Tchoh!

kat said...

Box World is a very addictive game - I took it off my computer but I still have it on the PDA

Lord Hutton said...

You have too much time on your hands!

Dakota said...

You should have walked away, Aoj. It can become quite annoying when you get stuck in the game ;-)

I used to be addicted to Box World, Kat. I haven’t played it in a while, but I still have it on my computer.

Maybe I should find other ways to entertain myself, Lord Hutton. I probably shouldn’t bore you with this sort of stuff ;-)

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Well I got all the Pinhgu games on the practice Island done in no time and settled in to start the main game....and there isn't one! Unless I missed something somewhere?

Dakota said...

I am still on tutorial island, Aoj :( According to some websites there are a lot of playable levels, but when I try to open them…..nothing happens. Very odd.

Sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the partial face transplants - hilarious and interesting. By far my favourite is The Queen and Elton John - priceless!

Dakota said...

My pleasure, Snowqueen. Most of them are hilarious; others are a just a bit creepy ;-)