Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Mom News.

Yesterday I was visiting my Mom and all of a sudden I realised I had forgot to post about the recent developments here. First of all, my Mom is doing fine! Last week she went to hospital to see her dermatologist for the skin biopsy. Much to my Mom’s surprise (and mine) they didn’t do the second biopsy, no…. they just removed her whole nose!
Kidding…….. but it felt like that to my Mom.
Instead of doing the biopsy, the dermatologist decided to remove the malignant and suspicious skin and then removed some skin from behind the ear so she could transplant it to my Mom’s nose. They stitched her up, put a nice band-aid on and sent her home. Tomorrow they will remove the stitches and my Mom is a bit worried about how it will look (almost 75 and still vain ;)), but I took a sneak preview and I think it looks just fine. It’s like they say “Time heals all wounds”

Some other Mom news! A bit of sad news actually :( The Peregrine Falcon Mom has been chased away by another Peregrine Falcon called S2. The observers are not sure what happened to Mom, she might be dead or injured, or she might be still around. Anyway, Dad is trying to do the best he can but it’s hard. Every time Dad tries to feed the little ones, S2 comes in to steal the prey. I hope Dad can find enough food to keep the chicks going and growing. If not, they are going to die (the observers are not going to interfere because the Peregrine falcon is on the endangered species list). I hope this story is going to have a happy ending too.

3 comments:

b o o said...

good to hear about your mom and how she is doing. the whole nose lol what a terrible thing that would be :)

Phil said...

My jaw dropped at the nose comment! LOL
I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Fingers crossed for the Falcons :[]

Dakota said...

That would have been an odd sight, Boo :)

I am sorry, DoGGa, I have a weird sense of humour :)
The falcons are still being fed by Dad.