Monday, April 30, 2007

I don’t like Mondays.

I’ve just completed today’s run and it really was a bit of a struggle. One of my feet hurt, I couldn’t breathe right (hay fever) and in the end I wasn’t able to complete the whole run (missed the last 30 seconds). It’s the same story every Monday. I’ve even started to dislike the runs on Monday a bit because they always seem to be quite a lot harder then the other two (on Wednesday and Friday). Maybe it’s the weekend. I am not supposed to train on those two days and I am starting to feel that instead of skipping two days I should only skip one, so my new schedule would look something like this: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Monday and so on. That would mean I’d to run 7 times in 14 days instead of 6 in 14 days. It would also mean that I am ignoring all the great advice like “don’t overdo it and take time to rest” and that would be really stupid now wouldn’t it? Hmmz… guess I am going to stick with the original programme for now. Maybe it’s just a temporary thing. Maybe the Mondays will get better eventually. Let’s just wait and see. Anyway, I am not ready to give up yet!

And now I am off doing a typical Dutch thing, I am going to celebrate Koninginnedag! I am going to visit the local ‘freemarket’, in other words look at a lot of junk, and watch some local bands perform.

Have a great Monday everyone :)

3 comments:

b o o said...

all the best with your new regime. don't give up :) HUGS

Anonymous said...

I think it's just a coincidence that your "off" runs are always on the same day of the week. When I was running, I frequented a running discussion board, and even the most experienced runners were mystified by 'bad runs.' Some days are just harder, for no apparent reason. Other times you'll be dreading a run because you're tired or the weather is awful, but you'll inexplicably have a great run.

Dakota said...

Aaaww, thanks Boo and Zoom!. Just what I needed, some encouraging words. I guess running is just like life itself, some days are good, some days are bad :)