Friday, April 13, 2007

Hello people, I am back (again)!

Well, sort of.

I’ve decided to not give up my blogging addiction ;) just yet! But….. yep, there is always a but, I am going to do things differently. From now on I am not going to post like clockwork anymore. So what does that mean? It means that some of the recurring elements (like the cartoon, the MBS-session, the weekly finds) will show up less frequently or might even disappear forever, but hey, you would still have me ;). It can also mean that I am going to post (even) less, because I am busy doing other things, but hey…..I (like you) have a life to live :)

Anyway, like I said before I am back with a recharged battery and tons of energy. Isn’t it funny how a life can start to change in just 14 days? Some of the highlights and low points.

I changed my exercise routine around. I've started doing something I actually can’t do, so it’s a bit of a challenge, but I guess everyone needs a bit of a challenge in his/her life. I’ll tell you all about it next week.

At the moment I am working on a freelance graphic assignment and it has been a steady strain on my time, but I’m not complaining, it actually has been great fun. The deadline is next Tuesday, so don’t expect a lot of blogging activity right away.

My counter crossed the 10000 page loads and I wasn’t even there to see it! Okay, not a real highlight but I never thought it would reach a 100 let alone 10000.

I also entered a photo contest, a “worst photo contest” to be precise. Who knows, I might even win first price – your worst photo ever on canvas! Okay, to be honest, I don’t think I am going to win but it’s like they say: nothing ventured, nothing gained ;) It’s just for fun!

I had to visit my dentist last week and I was not looking forward to it. I was sure there was something terribly wrong with one of my molars, but it was just a superficial thing. After a bit of sanding, grinding and polishing, the molar looked and felt like a million dollars again. Woohoo!

And then there was the low point. Last week my mum told me she might have skin cancer :( They had removed a bit of skin earlier for testing but apparently not enough. So they are going to do another skin biopsy next week. Hopefully they can tell us more after that.

Okay, that’s it for now! It’s nice to be back :)

12 comments:

Aoj and The Lurchers said...

Good to have you back Dakota! Blogging can become something that we feel we have to do everyday...but it isn't! The whole point is that we can blog when we feel like it!

I'm sorry to hear about your mum. Got everything crossed it turns out alright. {hugs}

qaminante said...

Welcome back, Dakota, glad to hear about the positive things that are happening, hope things turn out OK for your mother. Keep us posted, when you can.

KJ's muse said...

Glad you've decided to stick around! And yeah, just post whenever you feel like it. Or have the time.

Funny, I was going to mention your counter (congrats on passing the 10000!) AND your photos before even reading the post. I looked through some of your pics the other day and you're a really good photographer! Are you doing anything formal with this skill?

Sorry to hear about your mum. :(

b o o said...

welcome back. hope it all goes well with your mom, do keep us posted.

it's just not the same without u :)

b o o said...

congrats on your 10,000 hits HUGS

Dakota said...

Aw, thanks ladies! Hugs to you all :)

I know I don’t have to blog every day, Aoj, but apparently there is a big difference between knowing and implementing. From now on I am going to try a little bit harder :)

I guess positive thoughts can have positive results, Qaminante :)

No, I am not doing anything formal with that skill, KJ’s Muse, but thanks for the compliment *blush* :). At the moment I don’t own a digital camera, so I am not able to take all the pictures I want. I was using my camera phone a lot but I dropped it recently and now the quality and colours of the photos have changed! Guess I’ve to buy a new cell phone or a digital camera (whatever is cheapest)

10,000 isn’t that much, Boo,but it’s more than I ever expected :)

Tony said...

Glad you decided to keep sharing with the world!

Dakota said...

Thanks, Tony :)

Phil said...

I've been out of it so long I didn't realize you were gone too. I might be back, I'm not sure. Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she is ok and if there's a problem they caught it in time.

Dakota said...

Nice to see you again, {{Phil}} :) I hope this means you are feeling a bit better!

All I can say is this:
Come back if you really want too, if you don’t feel like it, try some other stuff that will bring you more joy! Take care :)

Phil said...

Waaaay, she's back!
Everyone likes your blogs Dakota, so just do them more casually, as you say :]

Dakota said...

Aw, thanks Mr. Enthusiasm…..ehmm DoGGa :)

Well, the first week was a great success. Hurrah, I am blogging more casually :D